Thursday, October 21, 2010

Final Project for Web Design

For our final project in Web Design, we are to choose a website to re-design as a group.  My group includes Mike Cross and James Jeffers.  We chose to redesign the USFSP Graphic Design Program Website!  Here is a link to the website as it is now.... http://www.stpt.usf.edu/graphicdesign/GD_FrmSet_.html

Don't you agree it need to be spiced up?  What are your opinions about the site?  Some issues we thought of were the fact that the design and style of the site does not match the concept and feel of the program. It seems very basic and we really want the site to be inspiring while still being informative.

An identity system for the program currently does not exists and we plan on creating one! To begin the process of creating the new site, we are going to do research and sketch ideas to share with each other on Monday.  We are going to visit web pages of our graphic design programs around the world and be inspired through graphics and design.  I cant wait to see where we end up with this project!  Get excited!!!

-Brittney

7 comments:

  1. I feel like taking on our own program's website is going to be both exciting and challenging. Unlike everyone else it seems, I always thought our site was alright, but when I was browsing through it again via your link, it could totally use a renovation. The information looks crazy.... Some of the things I do like about our website though is the simplicity and pop of the navigation bar on the left, and the fact that you were able to browse some of the students current works. I know when I was going into the program, I had no idea what to expect and it was nice to be able to see what the students were producing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good summary! I'm intrigued to see what the group comes up with, especially since everyone will already be thinking about the program in the studio class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good summary! I'm intrigued to see what the group comes up with, especially since everyone will already be thinking about the program in the studio class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i dont mind the nav. of the current site but i hate the few block photos at the bottom I think that the site can be organized and designed way better. I also i sgree that the description need to show some how that we are a concept based program. Also i thought that it could be nice to make some kind of a collage of images that were links to the work instead of the small thumbnails currently....good luck sound like a big project

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be great. We have a good group who are really sure about what we want because we went through it only two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think redesigning our site is an awesome idea, and way over due. One thing I would have liked to see when applying to the program was example of both work completed and its' accompanying syllabus/project sheet. This was students can see an example of how the professor assigns work and grades.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you guys are a pretty well-rounded team to tackle the Graphic Design Website. I'm pretty excited to see what you guys come up with. The current one blows and it would be nice to involve a system to where the kids could use their flickr or other photo accounts and link them to the website. That way everyone can see actual current work. Not stuff that looks dated from the mid-2000s

    ReplyDelete