As the project manager, I sat and determined what are the next steps should be for us to continue the project at a successful pace. Here is what I was thinking....
- Finalize the site structure
- Begin the asset list
- Determine content for pages that are not currently in the site
- Type all content needed for pages and re-write if necessary
- Finalize the site hierarchy
- Decide on the layout and create mock-ups
- Continue sketching ideas for branding and be prepared by Thursday to pick one and move forward with logo, headers, etc.
- Find a good jquery script to utilize for the gallery portion of the site.
- Gather external documents that are needed for the site
When I was researching the competitors websites, I saw a link to 'a guide to creating a portfolio.' It was like a mini workshop and was a resourceful tool for prospective students. I know when I was applying, Lucy sat down with us one class and gave a us a brief rundown of what we should do to prepare. I think it would be really wonderful to have that tool on the website for students to refer to.
I think this is an awesome Idea and I really like how you have sat down and made a to do list. I think other Project Managers should make note of this and should follow your lead if they haven't already done this. while I have done a rough example of this i think you have done a great job of really defining your upcoming goals.
ReplyDeletegirl, i am so happy! this sounds amazing, and i love that we are moving forward with all of these decisions. the "how to make a portfolio" sounds like an amazing idea, and i can't wait to get everything going to make this happen. the logo part sounds like fun, and i think our group should get together one night, order some pizza, have a drink or two, and make drawings and plans and figure out the details. :D
ReplyDeleteso pumped.
Great job in stepping up the organization for project managers, you know the steps needed for completion. Im gonna copy paste your list and tart getting to work, haha
ReplyDeleteI think a guide to creating a portfolio is a really great idea. I like that you are checking out the competition! It sounds like you are doing a great job as project manager!
ReplyDelete